Re: Separating Mons and OSDs in Ceph Cluster

Thank you, Eugen, for suggesting the option of leaving the Mons and OSDs
co-located if it's not an actual requirement to redeploy Mons. Your insight
into the lightweight nature of MON daemons and the possibility of gradually
adding new MONs without interrupting cluster services is well-received. We
will carefully evaluate whether it's necessary to move the Mons and
consider your approach.

Anthony, your question about the Ceph release version and deployment method
is important. We are currently using Ceph version 16.2.7, and the cluster
was initially deployed with Ceph 15 but has been updated recently. Your
experience with older releases and unexpected MON behavior is important for
us.

Tyler, thank you for bringing attention to the potential issues with
relocated Mons having new IP addresses and the associated bugs in OpenStack
Cinder. We appreciate your advice against redeploying Mons unless it's
necessary. Your explanation of how to relocate OSDs without disrupting the
cluster is also valuable, especially since we use containerization.

We will carefully assess the options and thoroughly plan any changes to
ensure minimal disruption and data integrity. Your contributions have been
instrumental in helping us navigate this process.

Once again, thank you for your support and guidance.

Best Regards,
Ramin