Re: Critical Information: DELL/Toshiba SSDs dying after 70,000 hours of operation

Hello,

This message to inform you that DELL has released a new firmwares for these SSD drives to fix the 70.000 POH issue:

[ https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=69j5f&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r730xd | Toshiba A3B4 for model number(s) PX02SMF020, PX02SMF040, PX02SMF080 and PX02SMB160. ]
[ https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=31jmh&lwp=rt | Toshiba A4B4 for model number(s) PX02SSF010, PX02SSF020, PX02SSF040 and PX02SSB080. ] [ https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=69j5f&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r730xd ]
[ https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=tc8kc&lwp=rt | Toshiba A5B4 for model number(s) PX03SNF020, PX03SNF080 and PX03SNB160. ]

Based on our recent experience, this firmware gets dead SSD drives back to life with their data (after the upgrade, you may need to import foreign config by pressing 'F' key on the next start)

Many thanks to DELL French TAMs and DELL engineering for providing this firmware in a short time.

Best regards,
Frédéric.