Re: What does 'removed_snaps_queue' [d5~3] means?

Hi,

that specifies a range of (to be) removed snapshots. Do you have rbd mirroring configured or some scripted snapshot creation/deletion? Snapshot deletion is an asynchronous operation, so they are added to the queue and deleted at some point. Does the status/range change? Which exact Octopus version are you running? I have two test clusters (latest Octopus) with rbd mirroring and when I set that up I expected to see something similar, in earlier Ceph versions that was visible in the pool ls detail output. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it as long as the queue doesn't grow and the snaps are removed eventually. You should see the snaptrimming in the 'ceph -s' output as well, the PGs have a respective state (active+snaptrim or active+snaptrim_wait). I write this from memory, so the PG state might differ a bit. You just need to be aware of the impacts of many snapshots for many images, I'm still investigating a customer issue, some of the results I posted in this list [1].

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/ZEMGKBLMEREBZB7SWOLDA6QZX3S7FLL3/#YAHVTTES6YU5IXZJ2UNXKURXSHM5HDEX

Zitat von Work Ceph <work.ceph.user.mailing@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello guys,
We are facing/seeing an unexpected mark in one of our pools. Do you guys
know what does "removed_snaps_queue" it mean? We see some notation such as
"d5~3" after this tag. What does it mean? We tried to look into the docs,
but could not find anything meaningful.

We are running Ceph Octopus on top of Ubuntu 18.04.