Re: CephFS: convert directory into subvolume

Thanks, I understand that. I was just explicitly asking for the conversion of an existing directory (created without subvolume) with xattr as mentioned in the thread [2]. Anyway, apparently it works like Anh Phan stated in his response, moving an existing directory to the subvolumegroup subdir makes it a subvolume. So there's no need for xattr here.

Thanks,
Eugen

Zitat von Milind Changire <mchangir@xxxxxxxxxx>:

well, you should've used the ceph command to create the subvol
it's much simpler that way

$ ceph fs subvolume create mycephfs subvol2

The above command creates a new subvol (subvol2) in the default subvolume group.
So, in your case the actual path to the subvolume would be

/mnt/volumes/_nogroup/subvol2/<uuid>