Re: cephadm orchestrator does not restart daemons [was: ceph orch upgrade stuck between 16.2.7 and 16.2.13]

On 8/16/23 12:10, Eugen Block wrote:
I don't really have a good idea right now, but there was a thread [1]
about ssh sessions that are not removed, maybe that could have such an
impact? And if you crank up the debug level to 30, do you see anything
else?

It was something similar. There were leftover ceph-volume processes running on some of the OSD nodes. After killing them the cephadm orchestrator is now able to resume the upgrade.

As we also restarted the MGR processes (with systemctl restart CONTAINER) there were no leftover SSH sessions.

But the still running ceph-volume processes must have used a lock that blocked new cephadm commands.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin