Re: [EXTERNAL] cephfs mount problem - client session lacks required features - solved

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your feedback. We did a restart of the active MDS and the error / problem is gone.

Best . Götz

Am 04.08.2023 um 16:19 schrieb Beaman, Joshua <Joshua_Beaman@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

We did not have any cephfs or mds involved.  But since you haven’t even started a ceph upgrade in earnest, I have to wonder about your nautilus versions.  Maybe you have a mismatch there?

I would definitely share the output of `ceph versions` and `ceph features`.  If you’re not 14.2.22 across the board, I would at least upgrade your mon, mgr, and mds services.  Then check release notes to see if there’s any clues there.

Thank you,
Josh Beaman

From: Götz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 9:02 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] cephfs mount problem - client session lacks required features

Hi,

During the upgrade from centos7/nautilus to ubuntu 18/nautilus (still updating the MONs) I got a cephfs client who refuses or is refused to mount the ceph fs again.

The clients says: mount error 13 = Permission denied

The cephmds log: lacks required features 0x0000000000001000 client supports 0x00000000000000ff

The mds/mon is still centos7/nautilus. The Clients centos7 as well.

Any ideas ? Thx for suggestions and hints . Best Götz