Re: MDS nodes blocklisted

You could add (debug) logs for starters ;-)

There was a thread [1] describing something quite similar, pointing to this bug report [2]. In recent versions it's supposed to be fixed although I don't see the tracker or PR number in the release notes of both pacific and quincy. Can you verify if you're hitting the same bug?

Thanks,
Eugen

[1] https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/KPVJSA5WHO7USULV4TCUJBDDMF5CA6HX/#365K4RJ56NORJTSYPLXDLQBB3EQNYC6V
[2] https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/49132

Zitat von Nathan Harper <nathharper@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

We're having sporadic problems with a CephFS filesystem where MDSs end up
on the OSD blocklist.   We're still digging around looking for a cause
(Ceph related or other infrastructure cause).

The cluster isn't massive (68 OSDs spread over 34 hosts), each host is a
VM, with MGR/MON/MDS on non-OSD hosts.

Running Ceph 16.2.10

Any suggestions for debugging this further?