Re: cephadm does not redeploy OSD

in the "ceph orch device ls --format json-pretty" output, in the blob for
that specific device, is the "ceph_device" field set? There was a bug where
it wouldn't be set at all (https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/57100) and it
would make it so you couldn't use a device serving as a db device for any
further OSDs, unless the device was fully cleaned out (so it is no longer
serving as a db device). The "ceph_device" field is meant to be our way of
knowing "yes there are LVM partitions here, but they're our partitions for
ceph stuff, so we can still use the device" and without it (or with it just
being broken, as in the tracker) redeploying OSDs that used the device for
its DB wasn't working as we don't know if those LVs imply its our device or
has LVs for some other purpose. I had thought this was fixed already in
16.2.13 but it sounds too similar to what you're seeing not to consider it.