Re: [multisite] The purpose of zonegroup

 Hi Casey,
Thanks a lot for the clarification. I feel that zonegroup made a great sense at the beginning when multisite feature was conceived and (I suspect) zones were always syncing from all other zones within a zonegroup. However, once the "sync_from" was introduced and later the sync policy further enhanced the granularity of the control over data sync, it seems not much advantage is left with zonegroup. Both "sync_from" and sync policy could be moved up to realm level while the isolation of datasets can still be maintained. On the other hand, if some new features are introduced to enable some isolation of metadata within the same realm, probably at zonegroup level, its usefulness may be more justified.
Regards,Yixin