Re: 1 pg inconsistent and does not recover

Frank,

high likelihood that at least one OSD of any PG is part of a scrub at any time already. In that case, if a PG is not eligible for scrubbing because one of its OSDs has already max-scrubs (default=1) scrubs running, the reservation has no observable effect.

This is a great hint.

I have increased the number of scrubs per OSD from 1 to 3 using `ceph config set osd osd_max_scrubs 3`.
Now the problematic PG is scrubbing in `ceph pg ls`:

    active+clean+scrubbing+deep+inconsistent

I will report what happens.

If this works, I think we should file an issue to motivate that Ceph should prioritise scrubs that will result in fixing issues over normal routine scrubs.