Radogw ignoring HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR header

Hello,

We are working on setting up an nginx sidecar container running along a
RadosGW container inside the same kubernetes pod.

We are facing an issue with getting the right value for the header
HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR when getting client requests. We need this value to do
the source ip check validation.

Currently, RGW sees that all requests come from 127.0.0.1. So it is still
considering the nginx ip address and not the client who made the request.

Even though, we configured our RGW the following
rgw_remote_addr_param = HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR

And from the nginx side, we have the following configuration to set the
headers.

location / {
  proxy_pass http://localhost:7480;

  proxy_set_header         X-Real-IP           $remote_addr;
  proxy_set_header         X-Forwarded-For     $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
  proxy_set_header         X-Forwarded-Proto   $scheme;
  proxy_set_header         X-Forwarded-Host    $host;
  proxy_set_header         X-Forwarded-Port    $server_port;

Any idea what is the issue here ?

Thank you in advance,
Yoke