Re: radosgw hang under pressure

From
https://swamireddy.wordpress.com/2019/10/23/ceph-sharding-the-rados-gateway-bucket-index/

*Since the index is stored in a single RADOS object, only a single
operation can be done on it at any given time. When the number of objects
increases, the index stored in the RADOS object grows. Since a single index
is handling a large number of objects, and there is a chance the number of
operations also increases, parallelism is not possible which can end up
being a bottleneck. Multiple operations will need to wait in a queue since
a single operation is possible at a time.*

Maybe you know, is this still the case? Article is from 2019.