Re: OSDs cannot join cluster anymore

On 6/21/23 11:20, Malte Stroem wrote:
Hello Eugen,

recovery and rebalancing was finished however now all PGs show missing OSDs.

Everything looks like the PGs are missing OSDs although it finished correctly.

As if we shut down the servers immediately.

But we removed the nodes the way it is described in the documentation.

We just added new disks and they join the cluster immediately.

So the old OSDs removed from the cluster are available, I restored OSD.40 but it does not want to join the cluster.

Are the osd.$id keys still there of the removed OSDs (check with ceph auth list)? Otherwise you might need to import the keyring into the cluster (/var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-$id/keyring) and provide it proper CAPS.

Gr. Stefan