Re: bucket notification retries

Hi Yuval,

Thanks for having a look at bucket notifications and collecting feedback. I also see potential for improvement in the area of bucket notifications.

We have observed issues in a setup with Rabbit MQ as a broker where the RADOS queue seems to fill up and cients receive "slow down" replies. Unfortunately this state did not recover. The only solution to overcome the situation was to remove and recreate the topic and bucket notification configuration. This happened multiple times on differenct ceph clusters with latest quincy.

It would be great to improve the ability to monitor bucket notifications (e.g. via prometheus/grafana) to see the RADOS queues and their usage/queue depth as well as the health of the process that consumes the queue and passes the notifications to the broker.

For our use case notifications are very important as they trigger downstream processing of the uploaded files. If the notification does not happen, the files are not processed and the result is the same as if the upload did not happen at all.

Best regards,

Stefan