Bucket resharding in multisite without data replication

Hi Ceph users,

We have 3 clusters running Pacific 16.2.9 all setup in a multisite configuration with no data replication (we wanted to use per bucket policies but never got them working to our satisfaction).  All of the resharding documentation I've found regarding multisite is centred around multisite with data replication and having to reshard from the primary region and re-replicating data.  But our data is spread amongst the regions and may not be in the primary region.

Testing has shown that resharding from the primary region in the case of a bucket with data only in a remote region results in the remote bucket losing it's ability to list contents (seemingly breaking the index in the remote region).

Is there a way (besides waiting for reef and dynamic bucket resharding for multisite) to reshard buckets in this setup?

Cheers,

Danny

Danny Webb
Principal OpenStack Engineer