Re: PGs incomplete - Data loss

Hi,

the short answer is yes, but without knowing anything about the cluster or what happened exactly it's a wild guess. In general, you can use the ceph-objectstore-tool [1] to export a PG (one replica or chunk) from an OSD and import it to a different OSD. I have to add, I never had to do this myself so all I can do is point you to the docs. Here's an example [2] of the command. Depending on the size of your PGs you'll need plenty of local disk space (or some network mount etc.) for the export. Note that OSDs have to be shut down in order for the objectstore-tool to work on the OSD. Maybe try it in a test environment first to get familiar with how it works.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/man/8/ceph-objectstore-tool/
[2] https://hawkvelt.id.au/post/2022-4-5-ceph-pg-export-import/

Zitat von Benno Wulf <benno.wulf@wulf.systems>:

Hi guys,
I'm awake since 36h and try to restore a broken ceph Pool (2 PGs incomplete)

My vm are all broken. Some Boot, some Dont Boot...

Also I have 5 removed disk with Data of that Pool "in my Hands" - Dont ask...

So my question is it possible to restore Data of these other disks and "add" them thee others for healing?

Best regards
Ben