how to use ctdb_mutex_ceph_rados_helper

Hey,

I have a test setup with a 3-node samba cluster. This cluster consists
of 3 vm's storing its locks on a replicated gluster volume.

I want to switch to 2 physical smb-gateways for performance reasons
(not enough money for 3), and since the 2-node cluster can't get
quorum, I hope to switch to storing the ctdb lock in ceph and hope
that will work reliably. (experiences with 2 node SMB clusters?)

I am looking into the ctdb rados helper:

[cluster]
recovery lock =
!/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ctdb/ctdb_mutex_ceph_rados_helper ceph
client.tenant1 cephfs_metadata ctdb_lock

Now I do have a bit of experience with cephfs, rbd and rgw, but not
rados. How do I give the user client.tenant1 permissions?

We have a single cephfs, with 4 different tenants (departments). Each
department has their own samba cluster. We're using cephfs permissions
to limit the tenants to their own path (I hope).

example of ceph auth:

client.tenant1
key: *****
caps: [mds] allow rws fsname=cephfs path=/tenant1
caps: [mon] allow r fsname=cephfs
caps: [osd] allow rw tag cephfs data=cephfs

If I try some stuff manually (without really knowing how to specify
objects or what that means), I get this permission denied error:

root@tenant1-1:~#
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ctdb/ctdb_mutex_ceph_rados_helper ceph
client.tenant1 cephfs_metadata tenant1/ctdb_lock 1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ctdb/ctdb_mutex_ceph_rados_helper: Failed to
get lock on RADOS object 'tenant1/ctdb_lock' - (Operation not
permitted)

Angelo.