From: Nigel Williams <nigel.williams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 12:19 AM
To: David Orman
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Slow recovery on Quincy

We're on 17.2.5 and had the default value (5.2), but changing it didn't
seem to impact recovery speed:

root@rdx-00:/# ceph config get osd osd_mclock_cost_per_byte_usec_hdd
5.200000
root@rdx-00:/# ceph config show osd.0 osd_op_queue
mclock_scheduler
root@rdx-00:/# ceph config set osd osd_mclock_cost_per_byte_usec_hdd 0.4
root@rdx-00:/# ceph config get osd osd_mclock_cost_per_byte_usec_hdd
0.400000
root@rdx-00:/#

We have about 500TB of misplaced objects moving about so we are keen to
speed it up; was there another parameter that needed to be changed too?
thanks.