Re: Best practice for expanding Ceph cluster

Hi Samual,

Not sure if you know but  if you don't use the default CRUSH map, you can
also use custom location hooks. This can be used to bring your osds into
the correct place in the CRUSH map the first time they start.

https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/rados/operations/crush-map/#custom-location-hooks

Cheers,
Tom