Re: multisite sync and multipart uploads

sync doesn't distinguish between multipart and regular object uploads.
once a multipart upload completes, sync will replicate it as a single
object using an s3 GetObject request

replicating the parts individually would have some benefits. for
example, when sync retries are necessary, we might only have to resend
one part instead of the entire object. but it's far simpler to
replicate objects in a single atomic step