Re: splitting client and replication traffic

Hi,
this a very common scenario and has been discussed quite often. If you really need to split the networks look out for „cluster network“ in the docs:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/rados/configuration/network-config-ref.html

The replication network can be configured anytime after the deployment.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Justin Ryan <justin.alan.ryan@xxxxxxxxx>:

hiya folks!

i am excited to be learning about ceph in my homelab, where i have a couple
trios of machines service, currently, a cephfs, but i’m looking fw to using
ceph for block devices for vms, etc..

my phyiscal machines have multiple network interfaces, one trio of them are
ARM machines with up to 4x SFP+ 10GBe interfaces.

I have a couple of 10GBe switches - one which has exactly three ports I can
connect these nodes to for general distribution to the rest of the network,
and another…

I would like to configure my Ceph cluster to replicate over a different
network interface than it serves clients over..

Is this a common configuration, and/or can anyone provide me some guidance?!

Thanks in advance!

Best!

Justin Alan Ryan