Re: Ceph recovery

Assuming size=3 and min_size=2 It will run degraded (read/write capable)
until a third host becomes available at which point it will backfill the
third copy on the third host. It will be unable to create the third copy of
data if no third host exists. If an additional host is lost the data will
become inactive+degraded (below min_size) and will be unavailable for use.
Though data will not be lost assuming no further failures beyond the 2 full
hosts occurs and again if the second and third host comes back the data
will recover. Always best to have an additional host beyond the size
setting for this reason.

Respectfully,

*Wes Dillingham*
wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx