Re: Bucket empty after resharding on multisite environment

Ok, I was able to do a backflip and revert to the old index files:

# Get stuff
radosgw-admin metadata get bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:NEW_BUCKET_ID >
bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:NEW_BUCKET_ID.json
radosgw-admin metadata get bucket:BUCKET_NAME > bucket:BUCKET_NAME.json

# create copy for fast rollback
cp bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:NEW_BUCKET_ID.json
new.bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:NEW_BUCKET_ID.json
cp bucket:BUCKET_NAME.json new.bucket:BUCKET_NAME.json

# edit the new.* files and replace all required fields with the correct
values.

# del stuff
radosgw-admin metadata rm bucket:BUCKET_NAME
radosgw-admin metadata rm bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:NEW_BUCKET_ID

# upload stuff
radosgw-admin metadata put bucket:BUCKET_NAME < new.bucket:BUCKET_NAME.json
radosgw-admin metadata put bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:OLD_BUCKET_ID <
new.bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:OLD_BUCKET_ID.json

# rollback in case it did not work
radosgw-admin metadata rm bucket:BUCKET_NAME
radosgw-admin metadata rm bucket.instance:BUCKET_NAME:OLD_BUCKET_ID
radosgw-admin metadata put bucket:BUCKET_NAME < bucket:BUCKET_NAME.json