Re: Deep-scrub much slower than HDD speed

Hi Marc,

thanks for your reply.

100MB/s is sequential, your scrubbing is random. afaik everything is random.

Is there any docs that explain this, any code, or other definitive answer?

Also wouldn't it make sense that for scrubbing to be able to read the disk linearly, at least to some significant extent?

Changing scrubbing settings does not help (see below).

I think you should be able to use the full performance of the disk when
ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--osd_max_scrubs=X'.

In my post I already showed that increasing `osd_max_scrubs` e.g. by 3x does not help.

Also, what would be the logic how it could?
If random IO is thrashing disk seeks, how could querying more concurrent disk seeks help?

ceph tell osd.* injectargs '--osd_recovery_sleep_hdd=0.100000'

There is no recovery going on in the cluster.