Von: Kilian Ries <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. April 2023 12:18:06
An: ceph-users
Betreff:  Ceph stretch mode / POOL_BACKFILLFULL

Hi,

we run a ceph cluster in stretch mode with one pool. We know about this bug:

https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/56650

https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/47189

Can anyone tell me what happens when a pool gets to 100% full? At the moment raw OSD usage is about 54% but ceph throws me a "POOL_BACKFILLFULL" error:

$ ceph df

--- RAW STORAGE ---

CLASS    SIZE   AVAIL    USED  RAW USED  %RAW USED

ssd    63 TiB  29 TiB  34 TiB    34 TiB      54.19

TOTAL  63 TiB  29 TiB  34 TiB    34 TiB      54.19

--- POOLS ---

POOL             ID  PGS   STORED  OBJECTS     USED  %USED  MAX AVAIL

.mgr              1    1  415 MiB      105  1.2 GiB   0.04    1.1 TiB

vm_stretch_live   2   64   15 TiB    4.02M   34 TiB  95.53    406 GiB

So the pool warning / calculation is just a bug, because it thinks its 50% of the total size. I know ceph will stop IO / set OSDs to read only if the hit a "backfillfull_ratio" ... but what will happen if the pool gets to 100% full ?

Will IO still be possible?

No limits / quotas are set on the pool ...

Thanks

Regards,

Kilian