cephadm grafana per host certificate

Hi *,

I've set up grafana, prometheus and node-exporter on an adopted cluster (currently running 16.2.10) and was trying to enable ssl for grafana. As stated in the docs [1] there's a way to configure individual certs and keys per host:

ceph config-key set mgr/cephadm/{hostname}/grafana_key -i $PWD/key.pem
ceph config-key set mgr/cephadm/{hostname}/grafana_crt -i $PWD/certificate.pem

So I did that, then ran 'ceph orch reconfig grafana' but I still get a bad cert error message:

Apr 20 10:21:19 ceph01 conmon[3772491]: server.go:3160: http: TLS handshake error from <IP>:46084: remote error: tls: bad certificate

It seems like the cephadm generated cert/key pair (mgr/cephadm/grafana_key; mgr/cephadm/grafana_crt) supersedes the per-host certs, and even after removing the generated cert/key (and then reconfigure) cephadm regenerates a them and leaves me with the same problem. Is this a known issue and what would be the fix? I didn't find anything on tracker, but I might have missed it. To confirm that my custom certs actually work I replaced the general cert with my custom cert and the error doesn't appear, I can see the grafana graphs in the dashboard. I could leave it like this, but if grafana would failover it wouldn't work anymore, of course.
Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eugen

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephadm/services/monitoring/#configuring-ssl-tls-for-grafana