Re: How mClock profile calculation works, and IOPS

Why was it done that way? I do not understand the reason why distributing
> the IOPS accross different disks, when the measurement we have is for one
> disk alone. This means with default parameters we will always be far from
> reaching OSD limit right?
>
> It's not on different disks. We distribute the IOPS across shards on a
given OSD/disk. This is an internal implementation detail.
This means in your case, 450 IOPS is distributed across 5 shards on the
same OSD/disk. You can think of it as 5 threads
being allocated a share of the total IOPS on a given OSD.
-Sridhar