ceph osd new: possible inconsistency whether UUID is a mandatory argument

Hi everyone,

I discovered a documentation inconsistency in Ceph Nautilus and would like to know whether this is still the case in the latest ceph release before reporting a bug. Unfortunately, I only have access to a Nautilus cluster right now.

The quincy docs state [1]:
> Create the OSD. If no UUID is given, it will be set automatically when the OSD starts up. The following command will output the OSD number, which you will need for subsequent steps:
>
>ceph osd create [{uuid} [{id}]]

But the man pages [2] state that `ceph osd create` is deprecated in favour of `ceph osd new {<uuid>} {<id>} -i {<params.json>}`, with both uuid and id still being marked as optional parameters.

But when actually running `ceph osd new` without a specified UUID, I get

```
Invalid command: missing required parameter uuid(<uuid>)
Error EINVAL: invalid command
```

under Nautilus. Is this still the case under Quincy, can someone reproduce this for me?

Best regards
Oliver Schmidt

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/rados/operations/add-or-rm-osds/
[2] https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/man/8/ceph/#osd