From: Robert Sander <r.sander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 3:50 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Adding new server to existing ceph cluster - with separate block.db on NVME

Hi,

On 28.03.23 05:42, Robert W. Eckert wrote:

> I am trying to add a new server to an existing cluster, but cannot get
> the OSDs to create correctly When I try Cephadm ceph-volume lvm
> create, it returns nothing but the container info.

You are running a containerized cluster with the cephadm orchestrator?
Which version?

Have you tried

ceph orch daemon add osd host1:data_devices=/dev/sda,/dev/sdb,db_devices=/dev/nvme0

as shown on https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/cephadm/services/osd/ ?

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin _______________________________________________