Re: Unexpected slow read for HDD cluster (good write speed)

Yes it pays off to know what to do before you do it, instead of after. If you complain about speed, is it a general unfounded complaint or did you compare ceph with similar solutions? I have really no idea what the standards are for these types of solutions. I can remember asking at such seminar that 'general' performance numbers should published for every release, so people are not having to go to the ordeal to investigate on their own. However I also get that there is a technical performance limit for distributing your data like this.

I bookmarked this quite a while ago, if you are in dire need you can do some external caching for rbd's.
https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/rbd/rbd-persistent-write-back-cache/