Re: Can't install cephadm on HPC

On 13.03.23 03:29, zyz wrote:
Hi:
   I encountered a problem when I install cephadm on Huawei Cloud EulerOS. When enter the following command, it raise an error. What should I do?

./cephadm add-repo --release quincy

<< ERROR: Distro hce version 2.0 not supported

There are just no upstream package repositories for your distribution and version available. Nobody has compiled Ceph packages for Huawei Cloud EulerOS.

But this does not matter as long as Podman/Docker, LVM, systemd and time synchronization via NTP are available.

You can still bootstrap a cephadm orchestrator managed Ceph cluster as everything runs in containers.

You just miss the Ceph command line clients from the upstream repos (commands ceph, rados, rbd etc.). Your distribution may package these or you can use "cephadm shell" to get a shell inside a Ceph container where all these CLI tools are available.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

Tel: 030-405051-43
Fax: 030-405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin