Re: deep scrub and long backfilling

In general it is safe and during long running remapping and backfill
situations I enable it. You can enable it with:

 "ceph config set osd osd_scrub_during_recovery true"

If you have any problems you think are caused by the change, undo it:

Stop scrubs asap:
"ceph osd set nodeep-scrub"
"ceph osd set noscrub"

reinstate the previous value:
 "ceph config set osd osd_scrub_during_recovery false"

Once things stabilize unset the no scrub flags to resume normal scrub
operations:

"ceph osd unset nodeep-scrub"
"ceph osd unset noscrub"

Respectfully,