Re: Minimum client version for Quincy

I can't speak for RBD, but for RGW, as long as you upgrade all the RGWs themselves, clients will be fine, since they speak S3 to the RGWs, not RADOS.

Daniel

On 3/3/23 04:29, Massimo Sgaravatto wrote:
Dear all
I am going to update a ceph cluster (where I am using only rbd and rgw,
i.e. I didn't deploy cephfs) from Octtopus to Quincy

Before doing that I would like to understand if some old nautilus clients
(that I can't update for several reasons) will still be able to connect

In general: I am not able to find this information in the documentation of
any ceph release

Should I refer to get-require-min-compat-client ?

Now in my Octopus cluster I see:

[root@ceph-mon-01 ~]# ceph osd get-require-min-compat-client
luminous

but I have the feeling that this value is simply the one I set a while ago
to support the upmap feature

Thanks, Massimo