Re: OpenSSL in librados

Hi,

> Am 24.02.2023 um 16:55 schrieb Patrick Schlangen <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I observe that using PHP's libcurl integration and other features which rely on OpenSSL randomly fail when opening a TLS connection. I suspect that librados somehow initializes  or uninitializes OpenSSL in a way that interferes with the OpenSSL usage of libcurl / PHP's fsockopen.

some more details: This happens when trying to use OpenSSL after rados_shutdown(). It looks like rados_shutdown() causes TOPNSPC::crypto::shutdown() to be called which tears down OpenSSL and, by doing so, breaks SSL usage in libcurl / PHP afterwards.

This only happens with OpenSSL 1.0 since with 1.1 the init/uninit concept has changed and ceph doesn't do an explicit uninit anymore.

I think it would be good if librados would give an option to avoid OpenSSL teardown at rados_shutdown() to not break other OpenSSL users in the same process.

Best,

Patrick