Re: MDS stuck in "up:replay"

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 3:36 PM Thomas Widhalm <widhalmt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the delay. As I told Venky directly, there seems to be a
> problem with DMARC handling of the Ceph users list. So it was blocked by
> the company I work for.
>
> So I'm writing from my personal e-mail address, now.
>
> Did I miss something?
>
> Venky, you said, that, as soon as the underlying issue is solved, my
> filesystems should come up again. Is there anything I can do to help
> with solving? Or do I need to wait for the bug to be solved and then
> upgrade my Ceph while CephFS is still broken?
>
> I'm still seeing both MDS counting up seq numbers for days now. That
> really puzzles me because at least one of them hasn't seen changes for
> weeks before the crash.

It is likely that the MDS is not able to communicate with the OSDs if
it's stuck in up:replay. Use:

ceph config set mds debug_ms 5
ceph config set mds debug_mds 10

and

ceph fs fail X
ceph fs set X joinable true

to get fresh logs from the MDS to see what's going with the messages
to the OSDs.

--
Patrick Donnelly, Ph.D.
He / Him / His