Upgrade cephadm cluster

Dear Ceph users,

my cephadm-managed cluster is currently based on 17.2.3. I see that 17.2.5 is available on quay.io, so I'd like to upgrade. I read the upgrade guide (https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/cephadm/upgrade/) and the "Potential problems" section is reassuringly short. Still I'm worried about potential problems that might arise during this upgrade: my cluster is in production and I fear about possible data losses or extended downtimes due to upgrade problems. So what should I expect from the upgrade process? Is it usually a smooth experience or are there frequent/known/probable issues? Are there some good practices to minimize the occurrency of problems and to eventually prepare for recovery procedures?
Thank you,

Nicola