Re: iDRAC 9 version 6.10 shows 0% for write endurance on non-dell drives, work around? [EXT]

On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 04:00:30PM +0000, Drew Weaver wrote:
> What are you folks using to monitor your write endurance on your SSDs that you couldn't buy from Dell because they had a 16 week lead time while the MFG could deliver the drives in 3 days?

Our Ceph servers are SuperMicro not Dell but this approach is
portable. We wrote a little shell script to parse the output of "nvme"
and/or "smartctl" every hour and send the data to a Graphite server.
We have a Grafana dashboard to display the all-important graphs. After
~5 years life, our most worn NVMe (used for journal/db only -- data is
on HDD) is showing 89% life remaining.

Dave
--
**   Dave Holland   ** Systems Support -- Informatics Systems Group **
** dh3@xxxxxxxxxxxx **    Wellcome Sanger Institute, Hinxton, UK    **

--
 The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research