Limited set of permissions for an RGW user (S3)

Hi list,

A little bit of background: we provide S3 buckets using RGW (running
quincy), but users are not allowed to manage their buckets, just read and
write objects in them. Buckets are created by an admin user, and read/write
permissions are given to end users using S3 bucket policies. We set the
users quota to 0 for everything to forbid them to create buckets. This is
not really scalable and a bit annoying for the users.

So we are trying to find a solution to allow users to create their own
buckets but with a limited set of APIs available (no policy change for
example).

The ceph doc says that policies cannot be applied on users, groups or roles
yet. Is there any other way to achieve this?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Gauvain