Re: Inconsistency in rados ls

Hi,

I have a cluster with approximately one billion objects and when I run a PG
query, it shows that I have 27,000 objects per PG.

which query is that, can you provide more details about that cluster and pool?

However, when I run the same command per pg, the results are much less, with only 20 million
objects being reported. For example, "rados -p <mypool> --pgid 1.xx ls | wc
-l" shows only three objects in the specified PG.

It seems like your PG and object distribution might not be balanced very well. Did you check each PG of that pool? The individual PG's numbers should add up to the total number of objects. Here's a quick example from an almost empty pool with 8 PGs:

storage01:~ # ceph pg ls-by-pool volumes | awk '{print $1" - "$2}'
PG - OBJECTS
3.0 - 2
3.1 - 0
3.2 - 2
3.3 - 1
3.4 - 3
3.5 - 0
3.6 - 2
3.7 - 0

and it sums up to 10 objects which matches the total stats:

storage01:~ # ceph df | grep -E "OBJECTS|volumes"
POOL ID PGS STORED OBJECTS USED %USED MAX AVAIL
volumes                3    8    379 B       10  960 KiB      0    7.5 GiB

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Ramin Najjarbashi <ramin.najarbashi@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi
I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to you because I have
encountered an issue with my CEPH Bluestore cluster and I am seeking your
assistance.
I have a cluster with approximately one billion objects and when I run a PG
query, it shows that I have 27,000 objects per PG.
I have run the following command: "rados -p <mypool> ls | wc -l" which
returns the correct number of one billion objects. However, when I run the
same command per pg, the results are much less, with only 20 million
objects being reported. For example, "rados -p <mypool> --pgid 1.xx ls | wc
-l" shows only three objects in the specified PG.
This is a significant discrepancy and I am concerned about the integrity of
my data.
Do you have any idea about this discrepancy?

p.s:
I have a total of 30 million objects in a single bucket and versioning has
not been enabled for this particular bucket.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Ramin