CEPHADM_STRAY_DAEMON does not exist, how do I remove knowledge of it from ceph?

Hi All,

I'm getting this error while setting up a ceph cluster. I'm relatively new to ceph, so there is no telling what kind of mistakes I've been making. I'm using cephadm, ceph v16 and I apparently have a stray daemon. But it also doesn't seem to exist and I can't get ceph to forget about it.

$ ceph health detail
[WRN] CEPHADM_STRAY_DAEMON: 1 stray daemon(s) not managed by cephadm
    stray daemon mon.cmon01 on host cmgmt01 not managed by cephadm

mon.cmon01 also shows up in dashboard->hosts as running on cmgmt01. It does not show up in the monitors section though.

But, there isn't a monitor daemon running on that machine at all (no podman container, not in process list, not listening on a port).

On that host in cephadm shell,
# ceph orch daemon rm mon.cmon01 --force
Error EINVAL: Unable to find daemon(s) ['mon.cmon01']

I don't currently have any real data on the cluster, so I've also tried deleting the existing pools (except device_health_metrics) in case ceph was connecting that monitor to one of the pools.

I'm not sure what to try next in order to get ceph to forget about that daemon.