Replacing OSD with containerized deployment

Dear Ceph-Users,

i am struggling to replace a disk. My ceph-cluster is not replacing the old OSD even though I did:

ceph orch osd rm 232 --replace

The OSD 232 is still shown in the osd list, but the new hdd will be placed as a new OSD. This wouldnt mind me much, if the OSD was also placed on the bluestoreDB / NVME, but it doesn't.

My steps:

"ceph orch osd rm 232 --replace"

remove the failed hdd.

add the new one.

Convert the disk within the servers bios, so that the node can have direct access on it.

It shows up as /dev/sdt,

enter maintenance mode

reboot server

drive is now /dev/sdm (which the old drive had)

"ceph orch device zap node-x /dev/sdm "

A new OSD is placed on the cluster.

Can you give me a hint, where did I take a wrong turn? Why is the disk not being used as OSD 232?

Best

Ken