Building Ceph containers

Hi,

Is it possible/supported to build Ceph containers on Debian? The build instructions[0] talk about building packages (incl. .debs), but now building containers.

Cephadm only supports containerised deployments, but our local policy is that we should only deploy containers we've built ourselves. Is it still the case that only building centos-based images is supported?

Perhaps with a follow-up question of why container building isn't supported on the range of platforms that package building is supported on if containerised deployments are where people are meant to be going...

Thanks,

Matthew

[0] https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/install/build-ceph/