From: Dongdong Tao <dongdong.tao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 11 January 2023 04:30:14
To: Frank Schilder
Cc: Igor Fedotov; ceph-users@xxxxxxx; cobanserkan@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Re: OSD crash on Onode::put

Hi Frank,

I don't have an operational workaround, the patch https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/46911/commits/f43f596aac97200a70db7a70a230eb9343018159 is simple and can be applied cleanly.

Yes, restarting the OSD will clear pool entries, you can restart it when the bluestore_onode items are very low (e.g less than 10) if it really helps, but I think you'll need to tune and monitor the performance until you can get a number that is most suitable for your cluster.

But it can't help with the crash, since in general, the crash itself is basically a restart.

Regards,
Dongdong