Re: docs.ceph.com -- Do you use the header navigation bar? (RESPONSES REQUESTED)

I‘ll reply-all so everyone can see:

Personally, I've used the "Edit on GitHub" feature on the header navigation
bar to make pull requests before. I haven't used the "home" icon though,
but that feature, I think, is replicated by clicking on the Ceph logo.

If we can still keep the "Edit on GitHub" feature somehow, I'd support
removing the navigation bar. I have the same complaint, that it covers the
headings.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2023 at 9:36 AM John Zachary Dover <zac.dover@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Do you use the header navigation bar on docs.ceph.com? See the attached
> file (sticky_header.png) if you are unsure of what "header navigation bar"
> means. In the attached file, the header navigation bar is indicated by
> means of two large, ugly, red-and-green arrows.
>
> *Cards on the Table*
> The navigation bar is the kind of thing that is sometimes referred to as a
> "sticky header", and it can get in the way of linked-to sections. I would
> like to remove this header bar. If there is community support for the
> header bar, though, I won't remove it.
>
> *What is Zac Complaining About?*
> Follow this procedure to see the behavior that has provoked my complaint:
>
>    1. Go to https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/glossary/
>    2. Scroll down to the "Ceph Cluster Map" entry.
>    3. Click the "Cluster Map" link in the line that reads "See Cluster
> Map".
>    4. Notice that the header navigation bar obscures the headword "Cluster
>    Map".
>
> If you have any opinion at all on this matter, voice it. Please.
>
> Zac Dover
> Docs
> Upstream Ceph
>
> --