Re: ceph failing to write data - MDSs read only

The MDS requests the clients to release caps to trim caches when there is
cache pressure or it
might proactively request the client to release caps in some cases. But the
client is failing to release the
caps soon enough in your case.

Few questions:

1. Have you tuned MDS cache configurations? If so please share.
2. Is this kernel client or fuse client?
3. Could you please share 'session ls' output?
4. Also share the MDS/Client logs.

Sometimes dropping the caches (echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches if it's
kclient) or unmount and mounting
the problematic client  could fix the issue if it's acceptable.

Thanks and Regards,
Kotresh H R