Re: CephFS active-active

Isaiah,
I'm trying to understand your requirements for a CephFS Active-Active setup.
What do you want to achieve with a CephFS Active-Active setup ?
Once you list the exact requirements, we can discuss further on how to
achieve them.

There's also something called *CephFS Snapshot Mirroring*:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/cephfs/cephfs-mirroring/
which helps with replication of snapshots to a remote cluster.
This provision is supposed to be used for Disaster Recovery and is not a
real-time replication solution.
So, if the primary site goes down while there is ongoing activity on the
file-system then the remote site may not have all the data replicated to it.
You could then restore data from a snapshot to a volume and start using it
as the active copy until the failed cluster is recovered and recommissioned
into production.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 11:27 AM Isaiah Tang Yue Shun <tang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> From the documentation, I can only find Ceph Object Gateway multi-site
> implementation. I wonder is it if we are using CephFS, how can we achieve
> active-active setup for production?
>
> Any input is appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,