Protecting Files in CephFS from accidental deletion or encryption

Hi,

we are planning an archive with cephfs containing 2 Petabytes of Data
on 200 slow S-ATA Disks on a single cephfs with 150 subdirectories. The Disks
will be around 80% full (570 TB of Data, 3-way replication).

Since this is an archive most of the data will be written once and read only
sometimes. Deletions are very seldom. Changes of the filesystem in general
are not very often.

The cephfs is exported via samba.

Now I am thinking about how we can protect the data from accidental deletion
or from malicious deletion from people knowing the login data.

Also protection from administrator errors might be a good idea, imagine an
admin on shell running an  rsync --delete /usbdisk/ /cephfs/

Also encryption protection is a matter.

What would be a good way to protect from these ?

Daily Snapshots might be a good idea. But I have no idea what will happen if i
create a snapshot in the root of the 2PB cephfs ?

Will it be no problem or will it block the 2PB Cluster for some days and then crash or run out of space ?

Is it absolutely stable ?  I never made experiences with this large filesystem size.
And for testing, it takes days to load the data so there is no capacity for try and error.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
  Christoph