Re: radosgw - limit maximum file size

Hi Eric,

am I reading it correct, that *rgw_max_put_size *only limits files, that
are not uploaded as multipart?
My understanding would be, with these default values, that someone can
upload a 5TB file in 10000 500MB multipart objects.

But I want to limit the maximum file size, so no one can upload a file
larger than 100GB, no matter how they size the multipart upload. Having
1000 99GB files is fine for me.
I want to mitigate this RGW bug [1], which currently leads to a lot of pain
on our side (some random customer seem to have lost all their rados object
from a bucket, because the GC went nuts.[2])
[1]: https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/53585
[2]:
https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/5XSUELNB64VTKRYRN6TXB5CU7VITPBVP/

Am Fr., 9. Dez. 2022 um 11:45 Uhr schrieb Eric Goirand <egoirand@xxxxxxxxxx