Ceph Quincy - Node does not detect ssd disks...?

Hello,

I have installed a Ceph Cluster (quincy) with 3 nodes. The problem I am facing with since days is, that new hosts added into my cluster did not show the disks I wanted to use for OSDs.

For example one of my nodes has 2 disks (SSD 500G).

|/dev/sda| is used for the OS (Debian 11)

The second disk |/dev/sdb| should be used by ceph for a OSD. But Ceph does not recognize my 2nd disk on this node:

Calling ceph-volume directly on the node:

|$ sudo cephadm ceph-volume inventory |

results in an empty list - no disks recognized. But on the other hand, the command 'lsblk' shows that the disk exists:

|$ lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:16 1 476.9G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:17 1 32G 0 part [SWAP] ├─sda2 8:18 1 1G 0 part /boot └─sda3 8:19 1 443.9G 0 part / sdb 8:0 1 476.9G 0 disk |

So it looks to me that something with my partitions or logical volumes is totally wrong. Or something else?

I tried this with several different hosts. It seems that nodes with NVME/SSD have no problem. But this can be a wrong observation by myself. So I mean I have already added OSDs successful from my initial node.

My question is: how can I figure out what is wrong with the server that it does not show its disk to ceph? The hardware is not totally identically. So maybe there is something with the controller? But how can we analyze this?

Thanks for any hints

===
Ralph

--