How to replace or add a monitor in stretch cluster?

I succesfully setup a stretched cluster, except the CRUSH rule mentioned in the docs wasn't correct. The parameters for "min_size" and "max_size" should be removed, or else the rule can't be imported.
Second there should be a mention about setting the monitor crush location takes sometime and know other ceph command can be used.

But now I need to replace a few monitors (it's virtualized and machines need to be replaced). I use cephadm and have a label "mon" which is assigned to the monitor services.
With the command "ceph orch host add <hostname> <ip-address> --labels=mon" I add normally a new monitor to the cluster.

Only this results in the following error in de logs:
12/2/22 1:27:19 PM [INF] <hostname> attempted to join from <hostname> [v2:<ip-address>:3300/0,v1:<ip-address>:6789/0]; but lacks a crush_location for stretch mode

Next I tried to set the CRUSH location like used in the docs for stretch mode with the command "ceph mon set_location <hostname> datacenter=<dc1>". This only results in the following error:
Error ENOENT: mon.oqsoel11437 does not exist

So how can I add/replace a monitor in a stretched cluster?

Best regards,
Sake